Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day/G's first baseball game

I'm a little late, but I wanted to post about my great Mother's Day! It actually started Saturday when Mike woke me up with cards and my favorite little person, Graydon. Mike informed me that I was going to get a two day Mother's Day celebration this year! We got up and went to breakfast at Le Peep and then he arranged for my parents to watch Graydon so we could go shopping all day! He gave me a gift card to the shops at La Cantera and then told me I had to spend it all by a certain time or he would give it away to a homeless person! Sounds easy right... well, I am actually the worlds WORST shopper! I have a hard time actually buying things, so needless to say, I did a good job, but still had a little money left when the time was up! With a little convincing I was able to get Mike to let me keep it for another day! I think the homeless thing was just a joke thank goodness! On Sunday we went to church as usual and then headed to Mike's parents house to celebrate with all the Mothers in our family. We had to cut it short though, because we were going to Graydon's first baseball game! The San Antonio Missions were playing the Corpus Christi Hooks. Mike used to work for the Hooks and the radio announcer was here in town and got us great seats! Mike was excited to get to visit with Matt in the Press box for a while. I know Mike is happy with his work/life now, but I also know how much he misses baseball. I think it was a much needed walk down memory lane for him to be up there again. Graydon had a great time and although it was super hot and he was cranky he was actually really good. After the game we headed to my parents house to spend some time with my mom for Mother's day! It was a long, exhausting, fun filled day and I wouldn't have wanted to spend my Mother's day any other way! Here are a few pictures from the day.

3 comments:

The Milam's said...

I'm glad Graydon had fun but we need to get him some Hooks gear!

Sarah said...

I am excited for you guys to come visit! Wish we could do lunch, that is the day of my Tippi Toes recital. We will get to hang at the game though! Graydon is darling!

Amy Scott said...

He is so cute Jen! And getting so big!! Tell Mike he did an awesome job for your on Mother's Day!