Wednesday, June 16, 2010

update, FINALLY

So I realize I haven't updated in oh, about a year! Here's a little update for us! Only a short and sweet one though, too tired to get too lengthy!

Me- I've been about the same for the last year! Just working part time and hanging out with my two favorite guys the rest of the time! I am embarking on something very new for me though, training for a half marathon! Those of you that know me know I am NOT a runner, but I'm sure trying to be! I've signed up to run the half marathon here in San Antonio in November. It's the Rock N Roll Marathon and from what I hear its a pretty good one, people come from all over to run in it. I've just started my training in May and could hardly run then. I'm up to three miles so I guess that's pretty good!

Mike is still running America's Hometenders and for the most part loves it! It gets stressful at times, but whose job doesn't! He has started coaching again, baseball of course! He's coaching with the South Texas Sliders, a team in the San Antonio area and he LOVES IT! To be honest, I haven't seen him this happy in a while! He has missed baseball terribly since he quit working around it and I'm so glad he has found something to feed his passion for the game! He's coaching 14-17 year olds mostly and personally I think those kids are super lucky! I'm a little biased though!

And as for Graydon, he is just the best! Mike and I are amazed everyday at his personality and humor! He is just talking about anything and everything these days and really keeps us on our toes sometimes! He is two and a half now, going on 18 it seems! He is just the perfect little boy, even when he's throwing a little fit (which happen every once in a while now that were in the "twos"!) and I couldn't have asked for more!

Here are some pics of Graydon and his favorite thing right now, baseball! He sure is his daddy's son! It amazes me daily that my two year old can hit a baseball that I pitch to him right back at me hard enough to hurt sometimes! The "T" is a thing of the past as he no longer wants to hit a ball off of it, he has to have you toss it to him! That he can catch it, and throw it back to me ten or more feet away! He is one coordinated kiddo and he sure didn't get it from me! For that, I am thankful! Maybe he'll get my artistic side! For now, it's all baseball though. We wake up and play baseball. We eat lunch, and play baseball. We get ready for bed, and before we go to sleep guess what we do... yep, we play more baseball!




3 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Love it! You guys need to come visit us sometime! We are going to try to get to SA sometime in the future, but that could be a while! :) Miss you guys a ton!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Graydon looks more like Mike every day. :) Love you guys.
kristin A.

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Its about time! ha just kidding :) Brooke would love to get together with Graydon soon!!