Tuesday, December 16, 2008

3 years! Woo Hoo!


Well, Mike and I have made it to our third year of marriage!!! Today is our anniversary and we had the best time celebrating it this past weekend! We took a trip to Dallas and got to hang out (just the two of us) and even went to a Cowboys game! It was so nice to have some time to ourselves! Although we missed Graydon terribly, we knew he was in wonderful hands! My parents kept him one night, and Mike's the next. They were so excited that they finally got to keep him overnight! It was hard to leave him, but we did have a great time! We did some shopping at the Galleria on Saturday, and then went to the game Sunday night. Here are a few pics from our weekend. This is me getting ready in the hotel room!! We bought sweatshirts and beanies because it was supposed to be cold... the entire game it was 78 degrees!!! It finally did get cold during the fourth quarter so thank goodness we had them! As you can see by the picture below we weren't exactly close to the stadium! We had quite a walk when we were leaving so we would have been miserable without our warm clothes!
These are my not so healthy but oh so scrumptious nachos, that cost $8.00!!!! I knew the food/drinks would be pricey, but give me a break... they were so expensive they were deemed worthy of a photo... as was the beer below! This is by far the most expensive bud light on the planet... it cost me $7.50, and no it was not draft... it was a bottle of bud light that they poured in a cup. Needless to say, it was my one and only!





Here we are during the game! A nice little boy behind us to the picture for us! Below is Mike celebrating after the boys won!!!! Our weekend was truly one of the best we've had in a long time! Being a mom is by far one of the most rewarding things I have ever done, and it has changed my life completely for the better. It was nice to have some alone time with the hubby though, I've missed that!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. $7.50 for a bottle of beer? Are you kidding me? You guys should have brought a flask. ;)
<3 Kristin

Lee, Gena, & Hunter said...

Looks like you guys had some fun! It is nice to be just the two of you again for a little bit, huh? :)

Matt and Audrey Myers said...

What a fun weekend! Happy Anniversary!

Matt and Audrey Myers said...

Yep...me and Graydon share the same birthday...December 27th! I can't believe he will already be a year!

I could write a book about having a birthday right after Christmas...what not to do...
1. Don't give a present to a Christmas baby and say...this is for your birthday and Christmas!
2. Don't take a present out from under the tree and save it for two days later...still wrapped in Christmas paper...at least re-wrap in Birthday wrapping paper! =)

Ha! I could go on...

With all seriousness, it really is a blessing to have a birthday so close to Christmas.

Y'all have a Merry Christmas and blessed New Year!